This picture came up whilst I was mapping an oilseed rape field with the drone. I thought it was worth sharing, to see how many animals were going back and forth across here.
Unfortunately spring hasn’t really sprung yet, but hopefully it will soon. Regardless, here is the latest tiller count data from the drill trial. Same old same old.
If you’ve read recent posts here you will know about the drone I’ve bought. It may have had a slight altercation with a tree, putting it out of action for the time being, but before that I made a map of the drill trial field. Here it is, along with some more photos taken the same day, but from a somewhat lower altitude. You can click on any of them to get larger versions.
So there we have it. Until next time.
Here’s the full field from the previous blog post, in more realistic colours. Actually I lie, I’ve scaled it down by 90% as the full file is almost 1GB in size. It’s still pretty nonetheless. Click to enlarge.
Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and did something I’ve wanted to do for a couple of years; I bought a drone. Needless to say, it’s had a busy first 24 hours. I’ve also been playing with a clever website called DroneDeploy. It has an app which sets a flightpath for your drone, taking photos along the way, and then stitching them together into one HUGE image. Like 250 megapixel huge. This morning I thought I would map our field of winter oats, which has suffered some attention from hare coursers all year. Below is a portion of the field – the tramlines are 30m apart for scale. I have adjusted the colours and contrast to make the tracks more visible, you can click on it to enlarge.
It is fairly obvious that coursers aren’t adopting a CTF strategy just yet. And unfortunately the police don’t have a lot of luck rounding them up. Shame DJI don’t fit machine guns to their drones. Yet.
[UPDATE: full field photo here]